Friday, May 29, 2009

That's all folks!

Today I turned in my thesis to the members of my committee, cleaned out my desk, and said goodbye to my days of working in Kildee Hall. This past week has been so strange knowing that it was my last week in Ames. I'll admit I really don't know what to do with myself since my thesis is finished. I'm also relieved. I've spent the last 4 months or more staring at my computer screen, and now I will hopefully get to enjoy my summer! But before I'm officially a meat master, I have to defend my thesis in two weeks (June 17 to be exact) so I will spend the next two weeks preparing for that. Luckily my seminar this spring will make up the bulk of my defense presentation, so I don't have to add too much to it.

Now I have to get back to packing. I move to Austin, MN tomorrow, and my first day of work for my internship is Monday. I'm one of those people who really hates change so I'm just kind of dreading it all, but I know it's going to be fine. I'll keep everyone posted on how things are going!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Don't worry friend - it will be great!

Ben and Corineah Williams said...

Good luck in Austin and your defense! You'll kick it in the ass I'm sure!