1. Don't put a pot of leftover beef and onions down the garbage disposal. It clogs the basement drain.
2. When the basement drain clogs, Draino won't work.
3. A garden hose will fit into the drain to try to snake it. It worked better than the $12 metal snake thing. However, if you are cheap, and the hose was cheap, the hose is not strong enough to break through the clog.
4. You have now ruined your $25 hose.
5. Wear gloves when snaking your drain. Especially if you tried to pour Draino in the drain.
6. Now your hands look like you were in an extreme cage fighting match.
8. Call Dad for the 2398742 time that night.
9. Call a plumber.
I now know to just call a plumber first. It was almost less expensive than the tools to fix it myself plus the cost of the ruined hose. On the bright side, I now own a pipe wrench that could be useful for self defense? He also pulled a bunch of roots out of the pipe so it was not entirely my fault. Lessons learned! Stay tuned for the next episode. I'm sure there will be more!
My Papa’s Pizza
2 years ago