Monday, April 27, 2009

Working Woman

Just wanted to let everyone know, if they haven't heard yet, I'm officially employed! This past week I accepted my offer, and I will be interning with Hormel Foods in Austin, MN in the research and development department. I'm excited about the opportunity, and I think I will learn a lot. It's still up in the air about what will happen in August (I may end up going home to farm yet), but I'm just happy to be working and making some $$$ :) This also means I have a lot of work to get done before I start at Hormel in June. I can't believe it's all coming to an end!

No real other news to report. I spent the weekend in Lincoln with Ace. After beautiful weather all week I was really excited for the weekend. But Mother Nature won another round, and the weather was cold, rainy, and gloomy all weekend. But we still managed to have a pretty good weekend. I got to visit Rachel and David for awhile on Friday and Sunday. They never fail to entertain me :)

This week I intend to get very serious about writing. My goal is to finish writing in the next two weeks so I have the last two weeks of May to kind of do what I want. I really want to help the girls in my pledge class from 4H House celebrate graduation in Champaign, but I just don't know if I'm going to have time to get down there. Also this week, me and my officemates' wives are dragging the guys to see Cats on Tuesday! I'm super excited, but I'm a nerd like that :) I'll have to update on how it was.

So that's it for tonight. Lots of work to do tomorrow so it's off to bed!

No comments: