Ooops. I haven't updated this in awhile. A good friend of mine reminded me that I needed to recently (thanks Tad! :) So here it goes.
I'm too lazy to hook up to my external hard drive to get pictures I've taken over the last few months, so I'm going the easier route and using pictures from iPhone. Enjoy!
1. For Ace's birthday in February he told me that all he wanted for his present was to eat at Fogo De Chao in Minneapolis. So we went and ate delicious meat. If you're ever near a Fogo De Chao, don't think, just go. You won't be sorry!
2. For Ace's second birthday weekend he suggested we should go to Lincoln, NE so that I could see my friends. It was his sly way of getting back to Nebraska. Luckily, I love my best good friend (and David) so I was easily swayed.
3. Rachel and I hadn't seen each other in a long time. When we spend long periods apart, the following is bound to happen......
Yes, we are awesome.
David even thinks we're awesome.
We really should live closer. It would be better for both of us :)
4. This is what the end of the parking lot at work looked like on March 22. It's now gone. This means spring is finally here!!!!!
5. Remember my finger injury? Well the nail fell off exactly 2 months after my finger met its fate in the car door. The following is what it looked like then and how it looked a week ago. I feel the need to document this because I'm weird.
6. My mom texted me to tell me that she got me a present and that I would love it. Well the "present" was actually a package of random items from my childhood. The items included a painted small tote bag, a cross stitched Taz picture, a Taz Pez dispenser (I really liked Taz as a kid), a "Rachel" stamp, an orange Illinois pencil, a 4H pin, and my personal favorites - an I <3 Petty pin, and a jewelry box of random rocks. Yes I used to collect rocks. All of the cool kids did.
7. This is Mr. Pig. He was my Christmas present and I love him. I think he's going to live on my front porch once it's finally warm all the time (he's thick ceramic, but I was afraid the ice and cold would crack him). He lives inside for now, and is doubling as the Easter Pig!!
8. Last week I was in Brookings to visit Ace. It was SDSU's Little International. They go all out for this event, and even bring in colored wood chips like at Louisville. Basically it's a giant showmanship contest for all species. There are two divisions, novice and advanced. Ace put on an alumni meats judging contest so I hung out in the meat lab all day and then we experienced the Little I. I wish Illinois had had something like it. I think it would have been fun!
9. I spent two weekends in March at Ace's parents house in Nebraska for calving season. I've been pretending I'm a good ranch hand. Really I'm just there to see the cute little babies!
10. My big brother is ENGAGED!!!!!!!!!! Congrats Rob and Brooke!!