Saturday, January 9, 2010

There's no place like home

I realize this post is out of order, but I really wanted to share some of these pictures. I keep trying to learn about my "big girl" camera. I've done quite a bit of reading to learn how to use the custom settings and make sure I'm using the camera to its full capability. While I was home for Thanksgiving, I had some really nice days to play around with my camera on the farm. I've included some of my favorites. At Grandma's I was able to see the new addition to our shop. I always thought our shop was big, but with the addition it looks really big! We hired some nice Amish men to build it, and my Dad became quite convinced he'd found me the perfect husband. I'm still worried that he's going to try to trade me for some horses or something! The addition is large enough to store our combine, and Rob's new toy, a John Deere sprayer, and there's still a lot of room to spare. Who knows what they'll find to buy to fill the empty space... I was also really amused to come home to see Grandpa's sailboat parked in the yard. I didn't know he'd bought a sailboat. Apparently he's planning some sailing trips down the Embarass River??? My favorite pictures are ones that I took in our pasture. There was a really pretty sunset one evening so I ran out back and starting experimenting. I love the results! My favorite picture I posted about a month ago. Some of the rest of these look similar, but I like all of them. I hope you enjoy them too!













No comments: